Bard Masterclass is in compliance with 17 U.S.C. § 512 and the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”). It is our policy to respond to any infringement notices and take appropriate actions under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) and other applicable intellectual property laws. All copyrights and trademarks remain the properties of their respective owners.
If your copyrighted material has been posted on Bard Masterclass or if links to your copyrighted material are returned through our search engine and you want this material removed, you must provide a written communication that details the information listed in the following section. Please be aware that you will be liable for damages (including costs and attorneys’ fees) if you misrepresent information listed on our site that is infringing on your copyrights. We suggest that you first contact an attorney for legal assistance on this matter.
This website respects the rights of copyright owners and makes every effort to comply with copyright laws. As part of our mission to promote education and learning, we may post brief summaries of articles, videos, or books for the purpose of criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, or research.
We believe that the use of these summaries is protected by the doctrine of “fair use” under copyright law. Fair use is a doctrine that allows for limited use of copyrighted material without permission from the copyright owner in certain circumstances, such as for the purpose of criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, or research.
However, we understand that the doctrine of fair use is complex and can be difficult to interpret. If you believe that your copyright has been infringed by the posting of a summary on this website, please contact us and we will promptly remove the infringing material.
We ask that you consider the purpose and character of the use, the nature of the copyrighted work, the amount and substantiality of the portion used, and the effect of the use on the potential market for or value of the copyrighted work before sending a takedown notice. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.
The following elements must be included in your copyright infringement claim:
* Provide evidence of the authorized person to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
* Provide sufficient contact information so that we may contact you. You must also include a valid email address.
* You must identify in sufficient detail the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed and including at least one search term under which the material appears in Bard Masterclass’s search results.
* A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
* A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
* Must be signed by the authorized person to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly being infringed.
Bard Masterclass will remove any link per trademark or copyright owner’s request. Send full URL of the link along with your company’s email address to [email protected]. All requests will be processed within 1 – 2 business days.
Note that emailing your complaint to other parties such as our Internet Service Provider will not expedite your request and may result in a delayed response due the complaint not properly being filed.